Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!

Go down 
+26
Pidgey
spike83
Iggy Koopa
Terry
Lemmy Koopa
Magika
Thunderstruck
SC276
annabelle56
shedevilfatale
SweetBaby
FireKoopa
Orinda Tarsa
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Envy
bhj1994
DesertedKoopaWANDerer
kookyvonkoopa
Pookie Von Koopa
JadeKoopa
thepinkmenace
KoopetteLeBoo
Sage of the forest
KingBowserKoopa
Larry_Koopa
Lance.Hall1958
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:59 am

I'm not really interested much now in games at all so this will have no interest to me.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
RP Elder
RP Elder
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 pm

I imagine video reviews are very time consuming to do. Can't imagine you'd have the time to get one done, Nick..
Back to top Go down
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 pm

I considered doing a video review series some years ago called Leave Luck to Heaven, but from what I gather, doing a successful video review show requires two things: 1) a passion for whatever it is you're reviewing; and 2) a passion for film, because why else would you go through the trouble of recording yourself? Granted, that's mostly for the two really big names, and I see plenty of other game reviewers that don't act like that, which I'm OK with. But in my case, it doesn't really work out for me.
Back to top Go down
http://supercomputer276.webs.com
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 pm

I have thought about doing reviews on video game music as I like to listen to that sometimes outside of the games and there is a lot of VGM I find quite interesting to listen to.
Back to top Go down
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 1:43 pm

I've actually been counting up a musical top 10, but the candidate list isn't complete yet since I haven't gone over most of my console games.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

The only reviews I go by on Youtube is Classic Game Room. AVGN is purely entertainment and doesn't have much informative stuff to provide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
spike83
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
spike83

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Curious about your take on Batman. I see that Castlequest game was a dud.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:25 pm

I'll post the review later. Castlequest was a massive disappointment but my review can tell you that much easier than I can here.
Back to top Go down
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Speaking of reviews, I finally got my Final Thoughts on Mario & Luigi: Dream Team up. In case anyone here knows that video games kept going after 1995.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:41 pm

*ruins whats left of my eyesight to read SC's comment*

True but most of the modern stuff is just meh. The NES and SNES is LOADED with gems to review and back when video games were fun instead of graphical substance and elaborate storylines.
Back to top Go down
Lemmy Koopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:44 pm

As awesome as the latest rehash of the Mario and Luigi franchise might be, NES games are better.
Back to top Go down
KingBowserKoopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
KingBowserKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 6:16 pm

The great NES games didn't always have to have great graphics, they usually had great gameplay and were just fun games to play. Some of them had a combination of both worlds. Today's games are too concerned about up to date graphics and multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Greg bro, I have put up my review for Batman. Hope you all enjoy.

I totally agree with ya Al, if it has bad graphics it gets bashed. All today's gamers are after is eye candy.
Back to top Go down
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 2:28 am

I'm the sort of gamer that doesn't get engaged by fancy graphics or a neat story. Analyzing my game opinions in general across what I can remember, I most enjoy the games that have engaging mechanics. Basically, what's actually fun to play; I don't have the budget to chance otherwise. If I don't feel like I have agency in the world, then I hate the game. Anyone who's heard my opinion of the Pokémon Rumble series can attest to that. As well as anyone who's heard my opinion of anything released by Clover / Platinum.

By the same token, I'm aware of and wary of nostalgia blindness - "everything was better back in the good ol' days." It feels a lot like shutting out something just because it's new, regardless of any of its actual merits, like shutting out the latest installment in a franchise as a "rehash" when it does a bunch more than its prior installments could even dream (pun not intended). Seriously, have you actually played any of the Mario & Luigi games? It's not freakin' Pokémon here. I could continue with how the constant push to improve graphics in games is the reason computers even have graphics in the first place, but that won't do much, I bet.

I'll stop around here, since further yelling will probably steer towards personal issues and result in another ban mumble mumble mumble. To sum it up quickly: I suppose I just feel like the only one that hasn't given up on the future, and it's frustrating.

(Besides, I had a Genesis.)
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:46 am

Some of us can't exactly afford the future. The Wii U is a glorified Wii and full of kiddie games and the PS 4 and Xbox One require games to be downloaded and a bogusly fast internet connection.
Back to top Go down
spike83
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
spike83

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

If you can't afford to buy games that are fun, then maybe you understand the concept of retro gaming.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:51 am

Yeah, modern games are too expensive, sometimes its around £40-£50 just for one single game.
Back to top Go down
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Lance.Hall1958

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:53 am

We've given up on the future? Would like to see evidence of that. If you've got anything to say, don't make it all in that tiny font. Just say it man
Back to top Go down
https://koopaelite.forumotion.com
Lemmy Koopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:13 am

SC276 wrote:
Seriously, have you actually played any of the Mario & Luigi games?

Not all of us can afford an overly expensive game system just to play a handful of new games. But then living with your parents helps.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 am

I've played most of the M&L games on emulators as well as other games. But not many being purchased.
Back to top Go down
Iggy Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Iggy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:48 am

Roms aren't legal though. It's been known for years now that if you don't own a physical copy of the video game that it is illegal.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am

I know. I play emulators/ROMs anyway. Although haven't played anything for a while. But I'm not going to argue about this. I've already fallen out with people when it comes to this kind of discussion when legal stuff comes into it.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 am

M&L games are okay but I prefer the platforming titles. *gets called nostalgic by someone again*
Back to top Go down
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Lance.Hall1958

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Alright, we get it. No more arguing with SC guys. His keyboard will thank him.
Back to top Go down
https://koopaelite.forumotion.com
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 1:33 pm

I can understand not being able to afford to play the newest games, but just because you don't have it doesn't make every game on it worthless - I don't have a PS3, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the creativity that's come out of LittleBIGPlanet. It certainly seems like that's the general opinion, at least. But it's not like retro games in this day and age are cheap either, on top of being harder to find off the Internet. OK, I suppose to you people with jobs and retirement money that $10 for a PS1 game is cheap, but welcome to the world of the unemployed.

And even if console games are expensive (AAA Nintendo titles tend to have consistently stuck around $50-$60 since the N64), that's what the indie boom on PC and tons of freeware are for. And even then the ones that cost money tend to cap out at $15-$20 or so. For example, VVVVVV (http://terrycavanagh.itch.io/vvvvvv) is only $5. The original Cave Story (http://www.cavestory.org/) is free, and the paid version (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/cavestoryplus_storefront) is just $15. And I'm not going "PC master race" here, you'll just need to upgrade to Windows XP to play them. Scared of downloads? Try the Nitrome library (http://www.nitrome.com/); browsers and Flash are both free. There's lots of options out there, you just have to look.

(As to the Wii U having kiddie titles, you are literally parroting all the brogamers that populate the social circles of the PS4 and XBox One, on top of acting like it matters in the slighest. Also, I have trouble believing that any of you would be opposed to the concept of Shovel Knight.)

I'm indeed done arguing here. We all know that I would lose due to sheer attrition and I have better things to do than fight a hopeless battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!   Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Game Chat Topic: NICK. STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU OLD BAG!
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next