Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost at Sea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
winterfae

winterfae

Location : Alexandria, Ontario, Canada (small farm hick town...seriously)

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 7:37 pm

I feel the storm rising over the horizon before I hear or see it. Rising energy tingling across my skin. The wind going still, our sail hanging limply from the mast. As I turn to look for my older brother, the rumble of thunder echoes across the water behind me. As quickly as the wind died, it whips back up again bringing with it cold rain. I run towards the cabin where he stands at the doorway yelling something which I cannot hear. I hear a crack as loud as the thunder before all goes black.

When I awaken, the sun blinds me, with something warm yet damp beneath me. Blinking I bring a hand up to shield my face from the glare. Where am I? Last I remember I was sailing with my brother and his friends. Wincing in pain as I sit up. I feel the earth spinning around and beneath me. I groan putting a hand to my head. Did I drink far too much?

A canteen, or something of the sort, is placed to my lips as a soft voice breaks the silence. “Here drink.” Greedily I drink the water. The first deep gulp causing me to cough as it hits my parched throat. I open my eyes to see someone…no something…with pale skin tinged with blue crouched in front of me. Oh, yes, definitely. I did drink far too much.

“You’re not real. I must be dreaming. It’s the tequila I had.”

His laugh reminds me of wind chimes. How can that be? Tequila. Tequila is always the answer. Well, maybe not always. “No…not dreaming. You got lost at sea during the storm.”

“Storm? What…” My words falter as it comes crashing back to me. Like the waves that crashed against our sailboat. “Oh no. My brother! I have to find him!” I scramble to my feet ignoring the spinning. My steps falter as I try to gain my balance.

His strong calloused hands grab my elbows to steady me. “I’m sorry sassenach I have not found any other survivors. Come.”

He guides me along the beach, his hand firmly on my elbow. Every time I ask him where we are going, or even where we are, he only says that everything will be understood in due time. I look around at the lush plant life I have never seen before. Not even on television or in science books. Plants that seem to move with a mind of their own. They seem to watch our every move. I feel as if I did not have him by my side then some peril would befall me. Brightly coloured flowers that are a siren’s lure to smell them. Touch them. Even the birds are unlike anything I have seen or heard before.

I do not notice that we are going up wooden stairs into the treetops I am so entranced with looking at my surroundings. I am pushed to my knees before a young girl who looks no older than a teenager sitting upon a chair far too large for her small frame. Unlike the man beside me, her pale skin is tinged with gold, a glow seeming to emanate from under it. Her long dress pools around her feet as she stands to move towards us. “Well, well, well. What do we have here?”

“A sassenach, my Lady.”

She frowns up at him. “I can see that.” I feel energy rising around her, much like the storm’s energy.

“Forgive me, my Lady. She was lost at sea during the storm. She is the only survivor.”

She takes my hand and brings me to my feet. She holds up her other hand to warn the others in the room away from us. “Welcome child. You are no sassenach. Only those with Seelie blood wind up here.”

“Where is here?” I look down at her confused. I feel her small hand in my own, and yet, it feels so much larger. As if she is not what she appears.

“The humans call this place…Atlantis.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, been challenging myself to write for at least 15-30 minutes a day through writing prompts. Just felt like sharing for the KKE Fam.
Back to top Go down
https://writingqst.wordpress.com/
DragonessDessie
RP Elder
RP Elder
DragonessDessie

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 11:36 pm

What is a Sassenach? Is it a tribe? Class of vampire? I am confused.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
RP Elder
RP Elder
annabelle56

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 11:50 pm

So this is just a snippet? Like an exercise of some sort? I really enjoyed reading this, seems like a very pretty young lady that they find from the shipwreck..
Back to top Go down
mamathreehorn

mamathreehorn

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 12:53 pm

Estou curioso para o que ela e o irmão foram zarpando, Meg. Eles estavam originalmente procurando por Atlantis ou você acha que eles chegaram lá por engano?
Back to top Go down
winterfae

winterfae

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm

I did it as a writing exercise just to get myself back into the groove. I set aside usually 15-30 minutes per writing prompt.

A sassanach is actually a Scottish Gaelic term for "outsider" or "stranger". Generally used in derision towards the British.

I am not sure if they were looking for Atlantis, to begin with, or not. I just wrote as the ideas came to me. My mind tends to go off in odd directions at the best of times. Mostly towards the supernatural though. I am definitely drawn by the unknown.
Back to top Go down
that epic crave

that epic crave

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 am

Curious why they'd take a ship out into stormy weather like that? Maybe Gilligan or the Skipper was behind the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
winterfae

winterfae

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Insanity perhaps. I like insanity for an answer the past few days lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea   Lost at Sea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at Sea
Page 1 of 1