Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Sweet Weekend Hero

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

My Sweet Weekend Hero Empty
PostSubject: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:22 am

Thank you Chris. *hugs* You're the sweetest guy in the world and you've saved me from what could of been a rough weekend full of hurt and deep loss by talking Janis Joplin with me, a wonderful artist that you and I both seem to love so dearly.

You also were willing to listen to me as I told you about my aspiring dreams and my short but ever wonderful musical career. Christopher *Or BigBlue as here*, you are a true sweet heart and I don't see why you don't have a caring, loving special someone in your life.. you are a godsend and a positive light in a world that is so often these days full of negative forces and auras.

Thank you hunny, you are as true a koopa if one ever existed in the real world and an even more true friend. Blessed be, keep us in your thoughts and take care until we get back home..
Back to top Go down
BigBlue
INACTIVE
INACTIVE

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 am

Haha, I'm so flattered! Thank you Laura... I'm not sure if I'm really the sweetest, but I try! And it's always a joy talking to you. *hugs*

Tell me how the trip goes, and if at all possible try to have some fun! Go out for ice cream and a movie. Maybe a theme park? Love you and hope to hear from you again soon. :3
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:46 am

Laura. As you may know, I've been looking to buy a vinyl of Janis Joplin's Pearl for probably about a year and a half now. I'm seeing still shrink wrapped re-issues and I'm guessing by the wear and tear older issues and first pressed. What do you suggest I buy? The re-issues are a little more expensive and it'd be new out of the case but I love the hisses and pops from an early issue of vinyl.

Please offer some ideas. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 am

Well hunnie I know how you like that authentic sound a record makes with its hisses and pops, so in that situation I suggest you buy a used, first press or a second issue around that time frame. And as a vinyl enthusiast, I know that you know what to look for: no skips or jumps.

But then, a new re-issue is a good idea if you like a clean and crisp sound. It'd also be wonderful to show to friends and family with an album in such great condition, especially with Pearl being one of the most influential albums ever recorded in the history of rock and soul.

Your call, love. I know you'll love that album and take care of it regardless of which path you choose.

And Chris, I truly mean it.. sweethearts in life especially in this day and age, aren't as common as they once were. Especially someone of your youth, you are mature beyond your years and those who can't see how sweet and mature you are, they are truly missing out on someone special.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 am

Found a 1975 Columbia re-issue of Pearl for about $10. I'm buying it.

Here's a link to it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JANIS-JOPLIN-Pearl-LP-1975-Columbia-reissue-EX-/281124259587?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item41744fc703

If the link isn't up after I buy it, then yeah..
Back to top Go down
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am

Simply gorgeous condition. I believe the copy I bought back as a teenager was around that press release, perhaps it would be the same one. If they guarantee no skips like the description and policy states, buy it. Not many records almost 40 years of age are going to come in that condition, the colors on the album look wonderful still.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Bought it. I'll take pictures of the back cover when it gets here, Laura, that way you can see if it is the same edition you have.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
RP Elder
RP Elder
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 am

You all talking about Janis Joplin let me reminiscence about my mother with Christopher earlier tonight.. going to Woodstock and watching her trying to lead a double life as a housewife/hippie are such wonderful times for me!
Back to top Go down
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 am

I miss growing up in the 60's and 70's sis. Lots of good times and memories there...

And that's wonderful Nick hunny, you can't argue with that classic being available at the price.
Back to top Go down
FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
FireKoopa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 am

Thanks for everything you've done to help Laura out, Chris. You're a good man.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 pm

How are you and Laura doing, Paul? Hope she's taking things decent... and you're coming back in time for Friday night's race, right?
Back to top Go down
FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
FireKoopa

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 pm

She is hanging in there, I suppose if you want to call it that. Yes, we'll be home a few hours before the race begins on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Weekend Hero   My Sweet Weekend Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sweet Weekend Hero
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Koopa Klan Elite :: Main Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: