Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Spring Festival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
winterfae

winterfae

Location : Alexandria, Ontario, Canada (small farm hick town...seriously)

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Inspiration for this piece:

Smoke swirls up in the darkening sky blocking out the early stars shining. The logs cracking as the flames lick them sending sparks flying up. A lone cloaked figure stands by the bonfire atop the hill staring down at the village below. He brings the hunting horn to his lips and blows. An echoing forlorn note rings out into the coming night. The sun has kissed the horizon, now is the time.

In groups, they climb the hill all of them dressed in their best, some carrying gifts of the last harvest, others carrying instruments. The gifts are laid about the pyre, children sit at the feet of the cloaked figure, the musicians settle around in a circle with their instruments. As they begin to drum lightly, the figure lowers his hood revealing a withered face and wisps of grey hair. He tells the tale of the first harvest and how it failed, the people sickened and some died, how they had to turn to the Gods for answers to their problems. A lone traveler that came to their village and offered them sage advice, how they must offer gifts to the Gods, to thank them and ask for their protection. At the first planting, the first harvest, and throughout the years, raise your voices in worship.

As he finishes his tale, the drummers pick up the pace of the beat. The other instruments join in, a joyous melody that gets the elders and children alike clapping along. A young maiden raises her voice in song, the melody and words as old as time. The villagers dance around the bonfire raising their voices in song and laughter. Worship as old as the Gods themselves. Perhaps the Gods will dance among them tonight. They dance throughout the night with the fire burning bright, couples disappeared into the darkness beyond the circle of light, children asleep at the feet of their eldest having been lulled into slumber with tales of old. Tales that have been passed down over the ages never written down on paper but written on the hearts of the people.

Springtime has arrived. Rejoice in the birth of new life, animals with their young, crops sown, flowers and trees blossoming. Dance to the music of the night.

I'm drawn to the dark side, and the devil in my head
Back to top Go down
https://writingqst.wordpress.com/
mamathreehorn

mamathreehorn

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:19 am

Faz-me lembrar Loreena McKennitt ou Tennessee Flat Top Box de Johnny ou Rosanne Cash. Muito bem feito, Meg. Adoro como essa peça é atmosférica.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:29 am

I didn't know you were into Celtic music, momma three horn Smile that's way cool!

mamathreehorn

mamathreehorn

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:39 am

Eu tenho ouvido música celta desde cerca de 1988, McKennitt foi minha introdução a ela. Acredito que foi o segundo álbum dela que encontrei em uma loja de vinil, peguei-o por um bem curioso e gostei tanto que ouvi o resto dos álbuns dela e outros artistas celtas também.
Back to top Go down
JadeKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
JadeKoopa

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:42 am

I'd always try to steal that album and listen to it lol know it'd drive you nuts mom but you also didn't mind sharing.

mamathreehorn

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

Claro que me incomodou um pouco, mas também fiquei feliz em compartilhar música com você. Nunca devemos nos conter de compartilhar nosso amor pela música uns com os outros, mas também nunca devemos forçá-la um ao outro. É tudo sobre respeito, não importa o que compartilhemos.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:57 am

Oh my goodness.. Meg and Feliciana, you both have a wonderful way with words..

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
winterfae

winterfae

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Thank you Mama three Horn.

Thank you, Annabelle. Honestly, I just write what comes to mind when something inspires me whether it is music or a picture or whatnot.

Back to top Go down
mamathreehorn

mamathreehorn

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Você é muito bem-vinda, Meg. Essa é a coisa sobre ser um escritor, qualquer coisa pode nos inspirar. Na maioria das vezes, são as menores idéias ou inspirações que nos faz escrever.
Back to top Go down
winterfae

winterfae

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 8:21 pm

I am thankful for modern technology. Now, I do not have to always carry a notebook and pen with me because of my cellphone. Though usually I still keep one in my bag when I am out and about because I never know!

Back to top Go down
mamathreehorn

mamathreehorn

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 11:33 am

Há momentos em que nem mesmo um notebook é necessário, ou quando não temos acesso a um. Algumas idéias e inspirações podemos manter enfiadas no fundo de nossas mentes até chegarmos a um lugar onde podemos gravar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Festival   Spring Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring Festival
Page 1 of 1