Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Wrong Time and Place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
winterfae

winterfae

Location : Alexandria, Ontario, Canada (small farm hick town...seriously)

Wrong Time and Place Empty
PostSubject: Wrong Time and Place   Wrong Time and Place Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm

I am part of a creativity group doing a challenge of a topic every day in whatever media one is most comfortable in. I got busy this weekend with my kiddo. Yesterday's topic was dinosaurs and this is what I came up with this evening.

Lizzy looks up at the monitors, “We will be arriving at our destination in less than 30 seconds.”

Her partner, Mattias, perches his tophat upon his unruly black curls. “Are you ready for this Lizzy?”

She clicks her tongue against her teeth as she fixes his hat. “Of course. This is the moment I have been waiting for since I started at the Academy.”

“Are you sure? I mean…there are so many theories…what if…”

Their H.O.S.T. capsule gently lands upon the ground, the doors opening silently. “Never you mind the what if’s.” She gathers her skirts around her as she steps out into the bright sunlight. A wave of heat greets her and smells that she would not expect for White Chapel in the late 1800s before she grows accustomed to the sunlight. She had expected the smell of coal, smog, human and animal waste, and an overall fetid air of filth. Not air this fresh and smelling alive despite the heat and humidity.
All around her are large ferns, trees and other plants she has not seen before. She looks over her shoulder to Mattias as he stares around them as confused as she is.

“Perhaps we got the co-ordinates wrong. It has happened before. We might be in a wooded area just outside of London. Let’s try to find the main road and see if we can find assistance.”

She wipes sweat from her brow, “I don’t remember the records stating that it was this warm at the time of the first murder.”

“It might be because of your petticoats, corset and dress. Ridiculous wearing so many layers in this heat.” Mattias also wipes sweat from his brow, knocking his tophat askew. “Then again, my attire is no better.” He offers her a smile of reassurance.

“Wait. Do you hear that?”

“Hear…I can feel it.”

The ground trembles beneath their feet. It feels as though a train is passing nearby, close enough to hear and see. It is not a train. It is a herd of she blinks her eyes. Dinosaurs? They look to each other in shock. Simultaneously, “Are those? No way.”

As the last one runs past and becomes a distant thundering, they still feel the ground trembling, as something bigger comes towards them. He grabs her hand as a large dinosaur appears towering over them, pulling her with him, “Run Lizzy!”

She stumbles after him, branches tearing at her dress and hair. She struggles to keep up with him as they run back to the safety of the H.O.S.T. and hopefully back to their own time period. “Matt! I can’t!”

He turns around as she drops to the ground panting for breath. Without thinking, he grabs her in a fireman’s carry. “It’s ok. I got you, Lizzy. Not that much further!” She watches as the large bipedal dinosaur chases after them, crashing past trees, crushing brushes underfoot. She lets out an ear-piercing scream as one of its short front legs claws at her, scratching open his back through his layers of clothes. With a grunt, he lunges forward from the force of the blow and through the doors of the capsule. The danger siren blares around them, as the doors slide shut nearly on his feet, it rocking as the dinosaur outside attempts to get at its hidden dinner.

“Was that what I think it was Matt? A t-rex?”

He shakes his head wincing as she applies pressure to the wound on his back, “No. Too small. Must be a megalosaurus. Help me up.”

Staggering under his weight she gets him into the chair before the monitors. Still, their capsule rocks, feeling like it will soon be capsized if they do not leave, and soon. He pushes the emergency extraction button, a mechanical voice speaks over the siren, “Extraction Evacuation Protocol commencing in 5...4…3…2…”

As it reaches one, they are launched through time back into the future. However, their friend megalosaurus managed to get a claw through the metal doors at the same time. It would seem, they would return with an unwanted visitor. Alive or as a fossil, they do not know, as this has never been done before in the history of the Academy. So much for going to discover the true identity of Jack the Ripper.

I'm drawn to the dark side, and the devil in my head
Back to top Go down
https://writingqst.wordpress.com/
sacredangel82

sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Time and Place   Wrong Time and Place Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pm

I like that! I wonder if they ever make it to the time period they want to go to.

winterfae

winterfae

Location : Alexandria, Ontario, Canada (small farm hick town...seriously)

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Time and Place   Wrong Time and Place Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I mean, I got stopped writing it because I was interrupted and distracted. Never know where things may go. *Shrugs*

I'm drawn to the dark side, and the devil in my head
Back to top Go down
https://writingqst.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Time and Place   Wrong Time and Place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrong Time and Place
Page 1 of 1