Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good News - The Topic

Go down 
+13
sacredangel82
Lance.Hall1958
shedevilfatale
xHellzBellzx
SweetBaby
KingBowserKoopa
Lemmy Koopa
DragonessDessie
SC276
annabelle56
Terry
Orinda Tarsa
Envy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Envy

Envy

Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 pm

In today's (very timely!) news, a Muslim teenager proves that you can follow your dreams without sacrificing who you are.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Gravitational waves have been discovered in a milestone event in the history of astronomy.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/11/gravitational-waves-discovery-hailed-as-breakthrough-of-the-century#_=_
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 7:03 pm

That's pretty neat indeed!

In today's news, a young woman writes about the great difference that a simple gesture can make in life.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:11 pm

The smallest things sometimes can be the biggest difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Oh yes indeed. They say it's the small moments that really make life.

In today's news, a rescue dog that never had her own toy, was taken to a store to pick out her very own first toy.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:20 am

In yesterday's news, missed by a few minutes, an ill boy fulfills his dream to become a superhero. I know that it's sad that kids get sick like that, but it is beautiful to see people get together to really make dreams come true, even ones that are so fantastical as this.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

In yesterday's news, some children show off a wonderful way to celebrate V-day.

And in today's news, a cop demonstrates what it is like to truly care for the people you serve. That's a good cop, and a wonderful human being too.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm

In today's news, a cop gives us another shining example of kindness. These kinds of stories need to show up in the news more often, because I'm sure they're more common than this, but everyone seems to focus only on the bad cops.
Back to top Go down
sacredangel82

sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:33 am

It's about what generates more viewers and gets their attention, that's the nature of the beast. Nobody will forget a bombing that kills hundreds but someone doing a great deed so many people are bound to forget.
Back to top Go down
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Lance.Hall1958

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Sounds about right. If you want to find the good news, you have to hunt for it yourself or find it happening in your own town. It isn't good enough for the media.
Back to top Go down
https://koopaelite.forumotion.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:52 pm

A priest I know once said "if it is news, it's because it's shocking and rare. Worry when it is no longer news". So at the least that does reassure me that the bad things are the exception rather than the rule.

Yahoo! actually has been publishing a fair amount of really nice/cute/positive stories. It's the news outlet that I've most seen doing that. It's why I get my news from there, rather than other places. MSN news, as presented by the Microsoft Edge browser, is my last resort for good news.

In today's news, an adorable rescued puppy wins hearts with his unique looks, adorable personality, and jumpers made out of socks!
Back to top Go down
DragonessDessie
RP Elder
RP Elder
DragonessDessie

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Beautiful puppy. Good people on earth for saving it.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:28 pm

I agree. I know a lot of people that don't like animals, but in the end, the way you treat those "beneath" you says more about you as a person than the way you treat those "above" you. So the people who rescued this puppy? I'd wager they're good people indeed.

In today's news, a teenaged girl harnesses the power of adrenaline to save the life of her father, and possibly the rest of her family. She doesn't think she's a hero, but I beg to differ!
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:01 pm

In today's news, a young transgender girl scout stood up to bullies and ended up selling a lot of cookies through the kindness of strangers.
Back to top Go down
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 am

Good for her on standing up against those bullies! Transgender should be respected too, they are just being who they are meant to be like any of us.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:54 pm

I have great respect for transgender people. The kind of discrimination they often get should never be a thing against anyone.

In yesterday's news, a teenaged boy is very thankful for beating cancer.

In today's news, Target sets a shining example of being inclusive for the people who need it the most.
Back to top Go down
shedevilfatale

shedevilfatale

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:03 am

good to know!! just hope customers use them right, they need to be used by the disabled children only!
Back to top Go down
Lemmy Koopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:08 am

They also are making carts for disabled adults too. I also hope that they're used properly.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 am

On yesterday's news, a cat comforts a dying friend. This, my friends, is another shining example of compassion from our furry little friends.

On today's early news, a man has a touching reunion with the therapy dog that had gone missing for a while.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 pm

In yesterday's news, an adorable little animal proves once more what a wonderful, variety-filled world we live in.

And speaking of variety, these lovely baby girls are a great proof that no matter our genes, our lives are not dictated by them.

In tomorrow's super-duper early news, more research on a treatment that might bring relief to the many people who suffer from diabetes.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:14 am

In Saturday's late news, a kind man helps shelter dogs get their very best chance at finding a home by grooming them and making them look their best!

In today's early news, science gives us a real nice idea about how much more powerful our brains are compared to a computer. Don't let those fancy games fool y'all! The human brain is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 11:20 am

Yesterday I attended a march in London opposing Trident what exceeded 60,000 people from all over the country. It was amazing experience and there was also speeches from many different people too.
Back to top Go down
JadeKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
JadeKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 5:18 pm

10 years after her brother's death, his sister gets to dance with the person who had his heart donated to them.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/she-gets-to-dance-with-girl-who-received-his-heart/
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:18 pm

That's just awesome. Someone has to keep the good news thread up huh? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 1:29 am

Oh, wow, that's beautiful!

Anyways, I'm back! With as many good news as I missed days!

For our special extra February day, I bring you the tale of two twin sisters who share in more than a few coincidences when it comes to birth. A happy time for them, to be sure!

For the first of this lovely month, I bring the beginning of a new life for this teenage boy who wanted nothing more than a loving family to adopt him.

For the 2nd, the story of a little girl who truly got a second chance at life.

For the 3rd, the story of one of those angels that step in when one needs it the most and then seemingly vanished. Here's the story of a woman whose life was saved by a kind stranger after an accident.

For the 4th, the adorable story of a baby otter and its mom, a shining example of motherly tenderness from a mother to her baby.

For the 5th, a celebrity reminds young people that you don't need to be perfect in order to be successful. That the person you are when you're young isn't the only person you can be, and that things get better.

For the 6th, a total stranger saved the life of a baby by giving her a liver.

For the 7th, a doctor who once saved a baby's life has that favour returned in a moth unexpected way.

For the 8th, a writer pens a lovely story about a trans-gendered princess. Regardless of one's thoughts on the subject, the beautiful message on self-confidence and being true to one's self is beautiful and deserves to be heard.

For the 9th, another reminder of how things really do get so much better is given by some children who were born premature and show off how far they've come.

For the 10th, a cat full of empathy helps an autistic girl come out of her shell.

For the 11th, a father shows just how far he can go to support his child with the things she likes. He doesn't care if other people mock him if it means making his daughter happy.

For the 12th, a mother is an absolute true hero after saving her child after a car accident. They say a mother's love knows no bounds, and this woman's bravery proves that.

And for an early 13th, an absolutely adorable video of a dad's strategy to get triplets and a toddler to bed... and he did it faster than the mom, too!

That's an entire 14 (in this post) and 15, with JadeKoopa's (sorry, I'm so bad with names, lol) beautiful post to smile about how our world truly is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News - The Topic   Good News - The Topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good News - The Topic
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next