Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Could we possibly do an MST?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SC276
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
SC276

Could we possibly do an MST? Empty
PostSubject: Could we possibly do an MST?   Could we possibly do an MST? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 am

To quote TV Tropes, an MST is:
Quote :
Not so much a form of Fanfic as a style of commentary on another's Fanfic, usually tongue-in-cheek but sometimes quite vitriolic.

Most writers of fanfic post their works in venues where they hope to receive feedback in order to improve their skills. The MST is a specific variety of story commentary based around the format of Mystery Science Theater 3000: three or four characters "watch" the fic unfold, and make snarky and/or constructive comments on it. The usual tone is one of lampoonery, sometimes verging on ridicule if the story deserves it. Extreme examples can mimic the entire structure of an episode of MST3K, right down to the message from the Mads and the invention exchange.
While I do have my own currently-running MST series, the story I had in mind that lead to this suggestion cannot really fit in with it.

Mostly because I wrote it.

Specifically, I'm referring to my original Game Over story. I've also got two other horrible fanfics I wrote around the same time period (for which the best description is "pre-Smack Jeeves"), but they're for Sonic and Mega Man, and thus for now I'm only proposing the Mario fanfiction.

Should enough agree to riff on this story, I already have a system planned out for how to do so. I can even pitch in a few comments when even I can catch something bad, but I can't riff this entire thing alone. After it's finished, I can compile the whole thing into one document and release it on DeviantART.

So, any takers?
Back to top Go down
http://supercomputer276.webs.com
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Could we possibly do an MST?   Could we possibly do an MST? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 am

I'm not sure I undertand your question SC. Do you mean like how FanFiction.Net has a reviews section and my own FF suggestion here?
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Could we possibly do an MST?   Could we possibly do an MST? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:58 am

I just don't see the need for it right now.. I'm already trying to get a Creativity board set up.

It's a 'no' vote from me, sorry..
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Lance.Hall1958

PostSubject: Re: Could we possibly do an MST?   Could we possibly do an MST? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I say "no" on this, also.

More focused on getting members and developing more RP.
Back to top Go down
https://koopaelite.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could we possibly do an MST?   Could we possibly do an MST? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could we possibly do an MST?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Koopa Klan Elite :: Main Forums :: Creativity Board-
Jump to: