Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making longer Let's Play videos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

Making longer Let's Play videos Empty
PostSubject: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:26 pm

I have some ideas of future games I might want to make LPs for but Camstudio only allows up to about 15 minutes per video, which isn't really that long if I want to cover various things and some small sections might end up in multiple parts. One part of my last LP went corrupt because it went to about 40-45 minutes. How can I set Camstudio to allow me up to 45 minutes streaming or longer? What other good software is there I can use so I can make some good quality LPs where I am not forced to cut videos short in case they go over the limit?
Back to top Go down
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Fraps. You have to pay a small one time fee but you can record as long as you want, it automatically cuts the video in 15 minute sections.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
RP Elder
RP Elder
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 am

Al and I use Fraps to record racing videos. They should work on your emulator.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:43 am

Cool. Yeah, 15 minutes is far too short for making LP videos especially when covering certain sections of games what take much longer than that. Even some bosses can take longer than that to beat.
Back to top Go down
KingBowserKoopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
KingBowserKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:47 am

With Fraps, you can have the program automatically split the video every 4 GB. Depending on the video quality you are aiming for which Fraps has several choices, that might get you a few minutes more out of them.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am

Okay I downloaded Fraps and upgraded to the full version but not sure how to use it. I can't see any options for Record, Play or Stop or anything like that. When I load my emulator up, a two digit number pops up at the top and I dont know if that means it has recorded or not and when I stop playing, I can't find any recordings and no Videos folder has appeared in the Fraps directory.
Back to top Go down
KingBowserKoopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
KingBowserKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:55 am

Making longer Let's Play videos Fraps10

You should have something like this when you start up. The number on your screen is your frame rate and it doesn't show on your recordings. You hit F9 to start recording the video or F10 to take screenshots. As you can see, depending on the version you have (I downloaded a few years ago) you can choose the frame rate and screen size. Half size takes up less space for a larger video but that may or may not be the right option for you.
Back to top Go down
annabelle56
RP Elder
RP Elder
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:12 am

On the 30 FPS option, half screen. Just to give you an idea.
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 12:05 pm

The two digit number turns from yellow to red when you're recording. It can also be removed through the options.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making longer Let's Play videos   Making longer Let's Play videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making longer Let's Play videos
Page 1 of 1