Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 7:37 pm

"Some tea would be lovely, thank you," Chugami accepted, putting his pot next to one of the tables and next to the couch as he sat on it.

"I-I suppose some would be nice as well..." Random replied.

"Mr. Random is flying me back out later, so he's sticking around for that," Chugami answered. "I came by to catch up and see how you were doing. I see you've made residence in here."

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter
Back to top Go down
http://supercomputer276.webs.com
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 12:10 pm

"Two teas it is," Crystal responded to her two guests as she was already reaching the kitchen area of the old house to get the refreshments for them. "This place has its charms, Chugami," she shouted from the kitchen. "It doesn't hold it back nor am I one to change that charm."

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm

"I see," Chugami replied. "With the many worldviews I've seen through my stories, I'm certainly not one to argue that. I wonder what stories could be embedded in the woodwork here..."

"A-Are there any... y'know, g-ghosts left in here...?" Random asked, though with how meek he sounded, he likely wouldn't be heard very far.

Back to top Go down
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:32 am

Taking the sterling silver platter with three cups of tea now loaded onto it, Crystal made her way back from the kitchen to the relatively dim but spiritually enchanting living room where the two guests were sitting. "Please take one," she said as she held the platter out towards Chugami and Random. "I'm sorry Random, I didn't quite hear what you said?"

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 am

Chugami took one and gave a little thank you. Random's hands were trembling as he took his, almost looking like he could spill it at any moment.

"I-I asked i-if t-there were a-any... a-any ghosts l-left in h-here..."

Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Orinda was rather enticed by Heaven's words and beauty. "Go on." he said in a spaced out tone.

annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 pm

"Of course!" Crystal said excitedly as she set the tray down on the coffee table that was just in front of the couch where her guests were seated. "You really think I'd be alone in a lovely old house like this?"

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Random's eyes looked around nervously as he shakingly sipped his tea.

Chugami was much calmer in comparison as he sipped his. "Well it's good to know you haven't been lonely. You know, tales of spirits of the deceased circulate the whole world, with each culture interpreting them differently. And of course, many stories were told about them. There's actually one from Wutai that particularly sticks in my mind... if you're interesting in hearing it, of course."

Back to top Go down
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
HeavenKoopa-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Knowing that they were now completely alone, or at least as alone as they would get at this point and time, Heaven leaped into Bowser's humongous throne chair and draped her tail and legs over the arm rests. "Sit with me and I'll show ya!" she said with a gentle wink to Orinda.

Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 4:43 pm

"Spirits have wonderful stories to tell," Crystal said with a gentle smile as she sat down on the couch by Random. "I'd love to hear your tale, Chugami.."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 am

"Hmm, I wonder if I can get a one-on-one with one later..." the Squeek mused to himself for a moment before talking out loud. "This is the tale of the Nopeeka Boo and the Cheep Cheep Pond..."

Quote :
Many years ago, as the Chai Kingdom was

He paused suddenly. "...Darnit, I always get those two regions mixed up. Anyways!"

Quote :
Many years ago, as the Chai Kingdom was on the rise, the capital where the royal family lived was known as Heyan-OK. The imperial palace stood on a large hill, and on the path up to it was a bridge that crossed a large pond filled with a special fish - Golden Cheep Cheeps! They were found to live naturally there, their golden scales shimmering brightly in the sunlight. Truly creatures of great beauty!

The Emperor was so stricken with them, he claimed the pond as his own and forbade anyone fish his Cheep Cheeps. This upset many fisherkoopas who had grown used to fishing for them, for their flesh made for the tastiest meals that had ever graced their tongues. As such, when they came by and found that there was no one guarding the pond, they could not resist, and cast their lines into the water hoping for a nibble of the rare Golden Cheep Cheeps.

As it should happen, not far from the pond and bridge was a local graveyard. It was said to be haunted, and many avoided it. However, the fisherkoopas had found that, shortly after the Emperor had claimed the pond, that same eerie feeling that permeated the graveyard's air seemed to move in to surround the water around the bridge and its shoreline. It did not seem to harm the fish in any way, but it gave the Koopas shivers and shakes, chills and thrills. "It's haunted!" they cried. "The Cheep Cheep pond is surrounded with ghosts!"

Koopas had very active imaginations back then.

Chugami paused for a moment to take another sip of his tea.

Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 4:42 pm

"Fair enough," Orinda said as he plopped down in Bowser's throne, that was sitting next to the one Heaven was in. "Now what?"

annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Crystal loved where this story was going, but then any story about spirits or ghosts could do the trick. "Go on," she said with a soft smile. "So far so good."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 am

Chugami cleared his throat of tea before continuing...

Quote :
The creature said to haunt the graveyard, and now the Cheep Cheep pond, was a spirit known as the Nopeeka Boo. These are mysterious Boos that, along with their standard Boo tricks such as invisibility, have the ability to assume the shape of anything they wish, much like a Duplighost, but their mimickings have a, shall we say, fatal flaw: they are always missing the face.

"T-The face...?" Random stuttered, now starting to properly freak out now that ghosts were getting involved.

Quote :
Yes, where-ever the face would be on whoever they are imitating would instead be completely blank and empty.

The storyteller let the Lakitu make his frightened moans and continued.

Quote :
Time passed, and no one fished in the Cheep Cheep pond. In fact, many of the villagers now spent as little time in it as possible; if there was business with the Emperor, they hurried over the bridge so as to not linger. The Emperor would occasionally come down from his palace to admire the Golden Cheep Cheeps, and he seemed to be the only one to not feel or even notice the oppressive aura surrounding the place.

Eventually, a time came when one of the fisherkoopas had enough. "These stories of the pond being haunted are nonsense!" he declared to his wife. "It has been months since you have prepared one of those Golden Cheep Cheeps for our dinner, and I swear that we will have Golden Cheep Cheep this night!"

"But husband," his wife pleaded, "can you not feel the heavy air over the pond caused by the presence of vengeful spirits? I had to walk near it while shopping the other day, and even I can tell it's haunted! Please don't go!"

"Bah!" the fisherkoopa scoffed. "Some trick of the Emperor! It must be, for him to feel nothing but joy near them! Those Cheep Cheeps have always belonged to the people of this village! The Emperor has hogged them all to himself for far too long! I will fish in that pond, and bring home a Golden Cheep Cheep for our dinner!"

The wife wished again for her husband to not go, but she could tell his mind would not be changed, and so she saw him off as he marched to the pond, his fishing pole over his shoulder.

Back to top Go down
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
HeavenKoopa-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 am

Heaven rolled her eyes at the dragon as she leaped from her seat and pounced Orinda on Bowser's throne. "You silly goose," she said with a sly smile. "You know exactly what I mean.."

Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 4:43 pm

As much as Crystal was enjoying Chugami's rather enticing tale, she couldn't help but notice the fear that was quickly growing through the Lakitu. "Is your friend alright?" she quietly interrupted. "He's turning beautifully pale.."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 pm

"I-I do?" Orinda stammered. "What are we going to d-do and will we need any gas to light the g-generators?"

SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 am

Chugami looked over to Random. "Are you alright, Mr. Lakitu?"

"I-I'm fine..." he replied, sipping his tea from a jittering cup. "I-I mean, I-I'm a Koopa Kingdom soldier... I-I'm supposed t-to be brave in the face of s-scary stories in confined spaces..."

"If it's any consolation, it is an old folktale," Chugami reassured. "Even if it was true, I assure you Nopeeka Boos are exclusively native to Chai."

"I-I suppose that helps a little..."

Back to top Go down
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 9:53 am

"Please continue," Crystal urged gently. "I love where this tale is going.."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 12:00 pm

"Gladly," Chugami replied, taking another sip of tea. "Where was I...? Oh yes."

Quote :
The sun was setting as the fisherkoopa approached the Cheep Cheep pond, as he figured the cover of darkness would keep his peers from harassing him. The air felt heavier than ever, but after gazing down at the Golden Cheep Cheeps below and seeing their scales shimmer in the low rays of the setting sun, he was filled with vigor; he would not let some measly air stop him! With that, he cast his line into the pond.

Before too long, he had a bite, and he yanked back his line, pulling out a sizeable Golden Cheep Cheep. "By the stars, this must be one of the bigger Cheep Cheeps in this pond! We shall eat well tonight!" he proclaimed to no one in particular. After giving his thanks to the stars, he started back home, carrying the flopping Cheep Cheep (we all know for how long they can live out of the water) on the end of his line.

But he did not get far before encountering a mysterious figure: a beautiful female Koopa dressed in an exquisite kimono - a traditional dress of the region. Well, her figure at least was beautiful, as she had her arm raised so the kimono's large sleeve hid her face. The fisherkoopa found this curious, but nothing of concern.

"Young koopa," the maiden's sweet voice inquired of him, "why do you have one of the Golden Cheep Cheeps from the pond on your line?"

"Is it not obvious?" he boasted. "I fished it out, as I did in many times past!"

"But those Cheep Cheeps belong to the Emperor," she pointed out. "By fishing, are you not stealing from him? You should really put it back."

"Bah! That pond and those Cheep Cheeps have always belonged to the village!" he protested. "The Emperor has no right to take it from the community that have enjoyed the fruits of its waters for as long as this village stood!"

"The Emperor has the right to do whatever he wants, for he is Emperor," she replied. "Put it back."

"No!" he refused. "My wife will prepare this fish for our dinner!"

"I said..." she replied sinisterly, and then dropped her arm to reveal that - her face was completely blank! "PUT IT BACK!!"

Random screamed and jumped out of his cloud, falling to the floor in a quivering heap. Miraculously, his tea and its cup flew in the air and landed perfectly on top of Chugami's teacup without spilling a drop.

"Yeah, that's about how he reacted too," he casually replied.

Quote :
The fisherkoopa screamed at the unnatural image before him, but a spark of his bravery that let him fish even in the haunted air reminded. Seizing his line even harder, he dodged and ran around the faceless apparition, which was becoming more and more ghostly transparent by the second, and ran down the trail away from the pond, back towards the village.

"...Are you alright?" he asked Random.

"I-I'm fine...!" the Lakitu replied, sitting up and holding his head. "J-Just... s-surprised, is all..."

"It's meant to be," he replied.

Back to top Go down
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:17 pm

"My goodness!" Crystal responded as she quivered in delight from the exciting tale.

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 12:33 am

"...Should I continue, or...?" Chugami asked Random as he propped himself up against the couch.

"I-I think I'll be fine down here for a bit... N-Not as much a fall to the ground..."

"Very well then," the Squeek replied, giving Random his tea back and sipping his own before continuing.

Quote :
The night had taken full hold of the sky, the moon hidden, by the time the fisherkoopa returned to his house, panting from his fright. "That female Koopa...!" he said to himself, trying to get his wits back together. "The Nopeeka Boo of this village's legends are true...!" He looked down, and then felt his pride come back at the sight of the flopping Cheep Cheep on his line. "That's right! Not only is the Nopeeka Boo real, I have bested it! I truly have earned this Golden Cheep Cheep for my dinner! I must be sure to tell my wife to keep some of the scales so I can show the other fisherkoopas. I'll be the toast of the town for my bravery come morning!"

When he entered his house, he found to his surprise that none of the lanterns - paper ones used for illumination in those days - had been lit. His eyes were already adjusted to the darkness, and he could see his wife kneeling before the chopping block, her back to him. "Wife!" he greeted. "I have returned bearing the fruits of success! I have a Golden Cheep Cheep!"

"I have noticed, husband," the wife replied, never looking at him and seeming eerily emotionless, which he likely would have caught were he not proud of himself. "Its radiance is obvious even from here."

"We shall feast well tonight, and I shall be known as the bravest fisherkoopa in the village once the others hear of this!" he boasted. "Though I wonder why the lanterns are unlit, and you have not prepared a fire for cooking it. What is the reason for this?"

"Husband, please listen," the wife said. "I think it would be best if you returned that Golden Cheep Cheep to its pond immediately."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "After all I've gone through to get it?! I actually encountered the Nopeeka Boo that everyone says haunts the graveyard! I will admit I was frightened, but I return with my prize regardless! And yet you want me to just return it, like my accomplish means nothing?!"

"Those Cheep Cheeps belong to the Emperor now," she replied, her calm monotone unwavering even under the hostile emotions. "For the last time, take it back."

"You have no right to say such things to me!" he declared, stomping over to her and grabbing her shoulder to turn her around. "You are going to-!"

But he stopped short as he spun his wife, gasping with shock.

For she had no face.

Random started to freak out again, panting and shivering. He had managed to almost finish off his tea so he wasn't in danger of spilling any.

Quote :
The fisherkoopa started to scream again. He fell backwards, dropping the Golden Cheep Cheep to flop on the floor, and somehow managed to not land on his shell and backed up against the wall as the image of his wife stood and started to change. Her form twisted into some combination of his wife's dress and the maiden's kimono, her sleeved arms growing long, her hands turning into nightmarish claws, and it grew to a giant towering above him and almost excruciatingly slowly closed in on him.

He screamed until his voice was gone.

"EVEN THE DEAD KNOW TO HONOR THE WORD OF THE EMPEROR," the Nopeeka Boo's voice rumbled, seemingly shaking the house to its very core. "YOU WERE GIVEN EVERY CHANCE, AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE IGNORED THEM ALL IN YOUR FOOLISH PRIDE, YOU SHALL PAY!!"

Random fell back to the floor in a dead faint.

Back to top Go down
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
annabelle56

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 8:38 am

Crystal looked at fainted Random and then back to Chugami. "Maybe that nasty fresh air outside could do your friend some good," she said with a sigh. "I don't think he likes it here.."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
SC276

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:12 pm

"Hmm, perhaps he was overstimulated..." Chugami mused. "Not everyone can handle a horror story. I'll take him outside as soon as it's complete; I don't want to make missing the ending a continual habit. Is that alright?"

Back to top Go down
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
HeavenKoopa-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:07 pm

"You won't need to worry about that," Heaven said in a seductive whisper as she stared deep into Orinda's eyes. "Let's make this empire ours.."

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party V.2   Role Play Pool Party V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role Play Pool Party V.2
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next