Koopa Klan Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scarpine draws

Go down 
+7
Lance.Hall1958
kookyvonkoopa
Pookie Von Koopa
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
spike83
annabelle56
KingBowserKoopa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Envy

Envy

Scarpine draws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey, you are getting better there!

I think it would help a lot if you, like, measured things and such. Like in that Ludwig picture, part of why his body looks so big is because the feet are too small. So maybe look at your reference pictures and measure things. Like maybe the body is 4 cms and the feet 2cms, so you know you need to make the body twice as big as the feet. Many tutorials also suggest to mark where the shapes will all go with circles or something. Like this:
imgs.steps.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-koopa-troopa-step-1_1_000000010143_5.jpg

And then you fill in the details, like this other one:
imgs.steps.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-koopa-troopa-step-4_1_000000010146_5.jpg

Best of luck.

The page this comes from (and it comes with instructions, too!) is this one:
dragoart.com/tuts/2327/1/1/how-to-draw-a-koopa-troopa-from-mario-bros.htm

I quite hope this will help you get better!

Edit: Oh, wait, I can't post links. Well. You'll have to copy/paste the links, then. And add the www on the last one.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Cheers Envy, I'll have a look at those links. I haven't really looked much at tutorials and I just tend to draw from what I see in other pictures as guides.
Back to top Go down
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Lance.Hall1958

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Apologies Envy I'll have to try and remember how I enabled links to be posted.
Back to top Go down
https://koopaelite.forumotion.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:42 pm

It's fine! It says I just have to wait 7 days, I'll just edit them in properly then!
Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Forgot about that rule and nice examples Envy. Do you draw a lot yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Oh, I dabble! But not much, really. I am a lot better at coloring than actual drawing. But I'm learning!
Back to top Go down
KingBowserKoopa
INACTIVE
INACTIVE
KingBowserKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Coloring brings a lot of pieces to life Envy.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:59 am

Been a while since I have last drawn. This is my first drawing for a long time and my first drawing since dropping my previous persona. Both of the links are of the same picture.

http://scarpine496.deviantart.com/art/Blaze-the-Wartortle-498404484
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15152152/

I am hoping to start drawing more in the near future of more fan characters and maybe a few OCs also what have nothing to do with any fandom.

Back to top Go down
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Orinda Tarsa

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 am

Looks a little stiff but its alright..
Back to top Go down
http://www.koopaklanelite.epizy.com
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:36 am

The shape is definitely better than previous drawings, so definitely a big improvement! I will still suggest to learn how to draw position "skeletons" and such. Thing to remember is that each figure is actually a collection of smaller shapes that you'll mesh together in a drawing. Here is an example of a person position "skeleton". As you can see, each part is a separate shape, and it pivots around the joints (represented here by circles). If you can learn and draw how these shapes move to create different poses, your drawings will look much less stiff.

In the case of pokemon, the "skeleton" is much simpler. Like so. This one is for a Squirtle, but the same applies to Wartortle with a few edits.

Also, you seem to be using Paint, and honestly that will not tend to give you great results. It might be a good idea to consider other drawing programs, such as GIMP. It's free, I believe, and gives you far more options to work with, and smoother lines and brushes.

Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:06 am

Thanks. Yeah I've tried different Paint programs before. This was drawn with Paint.NET but I have used GIMP and SAI in the past.
Back to top Go down
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST
KoopetteLeBoo

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:08 am

Very cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarpine draws   Scarpine draws - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarpine draws
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Koopa Klan Elite :: Main Forums :: Creativity Board-
Jump to: